- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 lbs tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon anise seed, lightly crushed
- 1 cup small shell pasta (stelline, orzo)
- salt and pepper
- grated parmesan cheese (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except pasta, salt and pepper and cheese in slow cooker; cover and cook on high 3-4 hours.
- Process soup in food processor or blender until smooth.
- Return soup to slow cooker; cover and cook on high 10 minutes.
- Stir in pasta and cook until al dente, about 30 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with Parmesan.