Tomato Soup With Lemon-Rosemary Cream
- Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and next 5 ingredients.
- Cover; cook until onion is tender, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and broth. Cover and simmer vegetables 40 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Cool slightly.
- Cover; chill. Rewarm before continuing.)
- Whisk cream, rosemary and teaspoon lemon peel in bowl until slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir remaining teaspoons lemon peel into soup. Ladle soup into bowls. Drizzle cream mixture over and serve.