Recipe by dale!
This dish will appeal to all ages. Be sure to use lean chicken mince or make your own using skinless chicken breasts. Very comforting dish!
Top Review by Happy Harry #2
Real comfort food! Have made this twice now. The first time exactly as written and the second with some tweaking. I used V-9 juice with 1 Tbls. of potato starch beaten in before using. I made exta balls and froze them on wax paper. One note: These balls are very soft to handle. I found it easier to chill meat before making the balls AND after. Thanks for a great addition to my cookbook.
- 350 g lean ground chicken
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- cracked pepper
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 85 g dried macaroni
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken mince, green onion, parsley, parmesan, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Make small meatballs, with about 1 teaspoon mix per meatball.
- Refridgerate meatballs for 5 minutes (or make a few hours ahead).
- Place stock and puree in saucepan and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Add macaroni and meatballs and cook 10 minutes, until pasta is al dente and meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve with crusty garlic bread and sprinkled with extra parsley and parmesan.