Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here is another recipe from the www.lifescript.com website.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 10 plum tomatoes, ripe, halved
- 1 dash salt, to taste
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth or 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 3 tablespoons fat free sour cream
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over low-medium heat. Add the carrot, celery, onion and tomatoes, season lightly with salt and pepper, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the bay leaf, oregano and broth and bring to a boil quickly over high heat.
- Lower the heat and simmer until the vegetables are completely tender, about 20 minutes.
- Blend the basil, Parmesan cheese and sour cream together and set aside.
- Remove the bay leaf and puree the soup in a blender. Strain and adjust the salt and pepper.
- Serve the soup in bowls with a dollop of basil-Parmesan cream.