Tomato Soup With Basil-Parmesan Cream
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over low-medium heat. Add the carrot, celery, onion and tomatoes, season lightly with salt and pepper, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the bay leaf, oregano and broth and bring to a boil quickly over high heat.
- Lower the heat and simmer until the vegetables are completely tender, about 20 minutes.
- Blend the basil, Parmesan cheese and sour cream together and set aside.
- Remove the bay leaf and puree the soup in a blender. Strain and adjust the salt and pepper.
- Serve the soup in bowls with a dollop of basil-Parmesan cream.