Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have always wanted to make homemade tomato soup. I read a few recipes and tried some but they never came out the way I hoped. So, I have combined some flavors and think this is my best yet so far...
- 5 medium roma tomatoes (medium-large)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar (I use raw)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1. Preheat oven 450 degrees.
- 2. Dice tomatos and lay on greased baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil and balsamic on top and sprinkle with sugar. Roast for 20 minutes.
- 3. In a blender (or food processor) add tomatoes and remaining ingredients.
- 4. Serve warm and top with fresh grated parmesan and green onion (optional).