Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Got this out of The Cake Mix Doctor cookbook. Absolutely wonderful! Sounds funny to put tomato soup in a cake, but you won't be disappointed. I fixed it for church and got a few requests for the recipe.
- 1 package spice cake mix
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- cinnamon buttercream frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 2 9" round cake pans.
- Place mix, undiluted soup, eggs, oil and water in large mixing bowl.
- Beat on low 1 minute.
- Stop mixer, scrape sides of bowl.
- Beat on medium 2 to 3 minutes.
- Fold in raisins and pecans.
- Bake 28 to 31 minutes.
- Remove to cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Invert cake 2 times until right side up.
- Then cool 30 minutes more.
- Frost with Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting.
- Store in refrigerator, covered, until ready to serve.
I made cupcakes with this recipe and frosted them with cream cheese frosting, did not use nuts because of allergies. I baked them for 18 minutes. Perfect!
i used a cheap yellow cake mix and added 1 teaspoon cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon ,nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon allspice and 1/4 cup applesauce and 1 teaspoon watkins butter pecan flavoring . this ois an awesome cake everyone should have this in their cookbooks , its joined my wow its good cookbook for the best of the best lol dee
Great Recipe! It makes a really rich cake that has a nice deep undertone and hidden "Hmmm, GOD ITS GOOD, but what is that! Must have another slice" IE a real homer Simpson moment. It was gone within minutes of bringing it out to the party! They never guessed it had tomato soup in it.