Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is my dad's favorite cake. I make it for his birthday every year. I always use cream cheese icing to top this off.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Mix all ingredients from order given.
- Beat until smooth.
- Pour into an lightly greased 8x8 cake pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 350°F.
- When cool, spread cake with either white or cream cheese icing.
This was GREAT! I am cleaning out the cupboards (we're moving) and have 2 cans of tomato soup - i HATE tomato soup. This cake is delicious! My husband insists that it must be a pumpkin cake - but its not. I added more cinnamon (1 TBLS) and used real butter instead of margarine. I will be making this again before we move!