Recipe by GrandmaIsCooking
This recipe is from an old cookbook from many years ago. It is a dense cake, and not very pretty, but we think it is moist and good.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup pecans or 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (Fahrenheit).
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Sift dry ingredients together.Add about 1/3 of the flour mixture to the butter mixture, then 1/2 of the soup and stir until smooth after each addition.Repeat with 1/3 of the flour mixture, rest of the tomato soup, and remaining flour mixture.
- Fold in the nuts and raisins and pour into a greased Bundt or tube pan and bake for about 45 minutes.
- Frost with white icing if desired.