Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is actually pretty good. I need sauce one night and didn't have it so this is what I used. I added a little extra Vinegar, Oregano & Onion Powder as well as some Italian Seasoning.
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 medium onion
- 1⁄2 cup water (up to 1 cup)
- Cook hamburger and onion til burger is done.
- Add everything else but water - combine.
- Add water until slightly thinner than you want sauce and simmer until desired thickness.
- Once you try this, adjust spices to suit your own taste.
This recipe worked well. I used diced mushrooms instead of ground beef and added a bit of the pasta cooking water to the sauce at the end (which seemed to thicken it? Starch?). I will use this recipe again.
I love this recipe!!!! I just modified it just a little. I added a teaspoon sugar, pinch salt, about a cup of Parmesan cheese, more oregano, onion power,and a teaspoon of Italian seasoning. No meat, and no water.....my husband thought it was brought of the store...Thank you!!!!
So easy, quick, and uses ingredients I always have on hand. A very comforting meal. Thanks for the recipe!