Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 7 -8 ounces mini pasta shells, uncooked
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 5 ounces whipping cream
- 1 -2 ounce Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Place the shells on to boil. Remove from the heat once al dente.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together in a small sauce pan. Simmer over low heat while the shells are boiling. (Make sure not to burn).
- Drain the water from the shells then add the soup, stir to coat.
My 9 year old gives this 3 1/2 stars. Very easy and very good comfort food. I used half/half instead of whipping cream which worked out fine. Evaporated or 2% would probably work fine here too. I also cooked and drained the noodles and then made the sauce in the same pot so I had less cleaning to do.
Great quick & easy meal. I've made it twice now. First time we loved it, and my BF thought it tasted like our favorite variety of hamburger helper except without the beef. Last nite I added 1/2 lb of browned ground beef and it was a perfect 1-pot meal. This seems like it has become our new "go-to" meal on busy nites. Thanks.
This was good - a very mild flavor that kids will enjoy. I added parmesan cheese on top and it was a quick, tasty meal.