Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is sooooo gross sounding, but delicious. My grandmother used to make this for me when I was little and when I asked her what was in it, I almost died when she said Tomato soup. But, as grotuesqe as it sounds, it really is quite delicious. It is important to not prepare the soup as according to the cans directions, just use it right out of the can.
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional)
- Cream sugar and shortening.
- Add tomato soup and egg and mix well.
- Then add all the dry ingredients and mix together.
- Place in a greased 8 x 8 inch baking pan (or a 9 x13 inch) and bake in a 325 degree oven for 30-40 minutes.
This is exactly like I remember..putting soda into the soup before adding to mixture is the reason it can't be tasted so they say..Thank you