Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This comes from a Mennonite Church cook book. It is simple but good and what I usually make when I get the tomato soup urge. I use commercial canned tomato juice and I do not add the salt because it has sufficient sodium.
- Saute onion in margarine.
- Blend in flour, sugar, salt, pepper, garlic and oregano.
- Remove from heat and slowly stir in tomato juice.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute.
- Stir hot tomato mixture into cold milk.
- Heat almost to boiling and serve.
- It is important to stir the hot mixture _slowly_ into the cold milk to avoid curdling.
- Add a toasted cheese sandwich.