Recipe by Sarah in New York
Growing up my mom would make tomato soup from fresh tomatoes grown from our garden It was my favorite! It's such a simple recipe, that I thought I should post it. I LOVE this soup. You can make it in a crock pot or just make it on the stove. It only takes about 5 minutes to put together. The measurements for the sugar, salt, pepper, and onion powder are just my estimations(I never measure those 4 ingredients), you can use your own judgement.
- 2 quarts tomato juice (I like to use fresh best, but canned will work)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons onion powder (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour Juice into crock pot or pot.
- Mix the flour into the milk until smooth and dissolved (I usually put them into a small canning jar, put the lid on and shake it like a crazy woman until it's smooth!) :).
- Pour the flour/milk mixture into juice and add the rest of the spices.
- Crockpot: Cook on low for about 3 hours or more.
- Stove top: Cook on Meduim/High until it boils. Turn it to Medium/Low and let simmer for about 20 minutes until the flavors have developed and it has gotten a little thicker.
- Add more spices to your taste and enjoy!