Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quickie tomato soup for when you really don't want to cook but want something homemade.
- 6 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 dash balsamic vinegar
- 100 g cream
- salt, to taste
- crushed black pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch sugar
- olive oil, for frying
- 1 egg, optional
- Chop onion, tomato and basil.
- Cook onion, minced garlic and basil until the onion is transparent.
- Add the chopped tomato, splash of balsamic vinegar and sugar.
- Finish off with the cream and simmer for 5 minutes or so.
- If you want you can blend it up for a smoother finish.
- Season to your liking.
- Optional add an egg yolk to each bowl just prior to serving.
Great quick soup. Pretty much made as directed. I didn't use the eye yolk, and the basil was dried basil....no fresh in the house, but the results were wonderful.