Recipe by Tonkcats2
Top Review by CJane
We just made the cake "a la carte" without the glaze. It tasted more like it would be a good chocolate muffin recipe. Not very rich and chocolatey. I think an addition of melted bittersweet or chocolate pudding mix might make this seem moister and more rich-- more like a special treat!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 cup walnuts or 1 cup pecans, chopped
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 deg. Grease and flour A 9"x13" pan or a Bundt pan.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, and beat until fluffy.
- Whisk together dry ingredients.
- Mix tomato soup and water.
- Add dry ingredients and soup mixture alternately to creamed mixture. Fold in nuts.
- Pour into pan and bake 30 minute in 9x13" pan, or 40 minute in Bundt pan.
- Mix the glaze ingredients until smooth, and spread on cake when just slightly warm.