Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I know, I know - tomato soup is an odd ingredient for a cake. But try it! Sort of spicy and sooo yummy. People will NEVER guess what the main ingredient is.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup raisins
- Combine the tomato soup and the soda in a bowl, and let it stand.
- Cream sugar, egg, butter, salt, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Mix in tomato soup and soda mixture, and then flour.
- Stir in the raisins, and pour the batter in a greased baking dish.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 1 hour, or until done.
- Cool the cake, and top with cream cheese icing.