Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a nice spice cake. Like carrot cake but no grating. It is very easy and you can use nuts or raisins
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (or both I use pecans) or 1⁄2 cup nuts (or both I use pecans)
- Cream Sugar and Shortening.
- Dissolve Soda in Soup and Combine with all other ingredients.
- Pour into a lightly greased and floured 9 X 13 cake pan.
- Bake Times 325°F for 1 hour.
i found this cake drier than a popcorn *** and tougher than owl ***, not at all like the other tomato soup cake recipes i've tried.i will not make this one again.
Hello as i don't have the prenium membership, i can't send you any mail, i'd like to know if i can add some chocolate chips ? i'm a little scared ! some friends are coming over on saturday night and i'd love to try your recipe, thank you very much for your help. Elodie.
I made this a few days ago, as we were expecting company. (Nobody guessed the mystery ingredient)! This was so quick and easy to whip up. I used a cup of mixed raisins and sultanas. (white raisins). Actually, found that I enjoyed the cake much more a couple of days later. Like many fruit cakes, it was moister and tastier the longer I let it sit. Thanks for sharing, MandyJ!