Recipe by Marg G.
This is a recipe handed down from my great-aunt many years ago. It is a wonderful spice cake that does not require any frosting.
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter or 1⁄2 cup softened margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup seedless raisin
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Stir in spices and mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda and raisins to the creamed mixture.
- Stir carefully.
- Pour in contents of tomato soup and mix well.
- Pour into a greased 9"x9"x2" square pan.
- Bake for approximately 30-35 minutes or until a pick inserted in the centre comes out clean.