Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is not what it sounds like but is very deceiving. People may think its pumpkin.
Make and share this Tomato Soup Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- cream cheese, to taste
- cinnamon, to taste
- ground cloves, to taste
- vanilla, to taste
- milk, to taste
- Cream the butter and the sugar for about 4 minutes till light and smooth looking.
- Add the two eggs and beat till completely smooth and silky looking add the vanilla.
- Then add soup and milk and beat till it looks almost completely mix it will look a little separated.
- Then sift all the rest of the dry ingredients together, whisk the dry around for a minute.
- Then add the whisked dry ingredients to the wet mixture in the mixer and beat for 3 minutes on low and then 3 minutes on high.
- Pour in pan and bake.
- Times vary for pans but at least 40 minutess and then check and keep baking till tester comes out clean!
- •Frosting option:.
- The amounts vary depending on taste and amount of cream cheese. Mix cream cheese with mixer and add a dash of milk till it appear to look like smooth pliable frosting. Add vanilla and spices to taste!