Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is not what it sounds like but is very deceiving. People may think its pumpkin.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- cream cheese, to taste
- cinnamon, to taste
- ground cloves, to taste
- vanilla, to taste
- milk, to taste
- Cream the butter and the sugar for about 4 minutes till light and smooth looking.
- Add the two eggs and beat till completely smooth and silky looking add the vanilla.
- Then add soup and milk and beat till it looks almost completely mix it will look a little separated.
- Then sift all the rest of the dry ingredients together, whisk the dry around for a minute.
- Then add the whisked dry ingredients to the wet mixture in the mixer and beat for 3 minutes on low and then 3 minutes on high.
- Pour in pan and bake.
- Times vary for pans but at least 40 minutess and then check and keep baking till tester comes out clean!
- •Frosting option:.
- The amounts vary depending on taste and amount of cream cheese. Mix cream cheese with mixer and add a dash of milk till it appear to look like smooth pliable frosting. Add vanilla and spices to taste!