Recipe by Chef Sunshine
Another tasty version of the original tomato soup cake.
Top Review by Chef Lil' Butt Boy
I have made the other Tomato Soup Cakes on this site and this one is definitely the best! Your Tomato Soup Spice Cake is also a fave as well as Tomato Soup Cake II & III:) Thanks for posting the best always!
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve baking soda in tomato soup.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Cut in shortening.
- ADD tomato soup. Mix well.
- Chop raisins, nuts and cherries.
- Fold into batter.
- Pour batter in a buttered tube pan.
- Bake at 325ºF for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Cool cake on wire rack.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting.