Recipe by Jen in Victoria, BC
Delicious with a little tang. Be careful not to burn these, checking them often in the last 1/2 hour of cooking.
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1⁄8 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cabbage
- 2 (284 ml) cans tomato soup
- 1 cup vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil cabbage and shave thick part of stem. Let cool slightly.
- Fry beef with onion.
- Add egg, rice, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce.
- Fill each cabbage leaf with this mixture, then roll up and place in a roasting pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the 2 cans of tomato soup with the vinegar and 1 can of water; pour over cabbage rolls.
- Bake covered for 2 hours at 350 degrees.