1/1 Photo of Tomato Soup
2 hrs 10 mins
I just started making this, and it is adapted to my liking from another recipe. I highly recommend using all organic products for this soup. For the tomatoes, I use Trader Joe's brand with basil. It's pretty wonderful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dice onion and garlic finely and set aside.
- 2In a 6-quart pot, heat the olive oil and butter on medium heat until the butter is melted.
- 3Once butter is melted, add onions and garlic and sauté until onions are softened (not browned).
- 4Once softened, add flour and cover the oil/butter/onion/garlic combination in it.
- 5Add remaining ingredients.
- 6Season to taste with salt, pepper, and italian seasoning.
- 7Once the soup is combined, allow it to return to a boil and then put the heat on low.
- 8Let the soup simmer on low for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 9Once the 45-minute period is up, you can eat the soup chunky as is, or you can allow it to cool for 1 hour and puree the soup.
- 10To puree the soup, I recommend using a food processor and splitting the soup into three batches.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.6
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 566.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 5.2 g