Recipe by Mandy likes to cook
Sundays at my house are all about tomato soup and grilled cheese. This recipe is super simple and tomato soup doesn't get any better than this! I can only hope you enjoy it as much as my husband and brother and in law!
Top Review by The Rabbit
This is the 4B's Restaurant recipe except the 4B's version adds a tablespoon of chopped onion and blends it all right before adding cream. Very good. 4B's is always a favorite destination when in Montana. I make this up and can it without the cream for my own condensed soup.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch on baking soda
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 4 ingredients in pot. (I put the stewed tomatoes through a food processor first as we don't like the chunks).
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and simmer 60 minutes.
- Add baking soda.
- Wait for fizz to go down.
- Add whipping cream.
- Wait until soup is desired temperature.
- Serve (with grilled cheese of course).