Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe www.recipesource.com and modified it some. Feel free to experiment with it, and let me know how it turns out! (But please make sure your ratings do not reflect poorly on the recipe if you alter the recipe too much.)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions (optional)
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces tomato sauce or 8 ounces hunt's tomato sauce with basil garlic and oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon
- parmesan croutons (optional)
- Cook onion and butter or margarine until onioin is tender but not brown.
- Stir in tomato sauce and spices. (If using seasoned tomato sauce, omit basil and thyme.).
- Cook just until boiling.
- Stir in water and instant chicken bouillon.
- Cook until the mixture is heated through.
- Serve with parmesan croutons (optional).