1/2 Photos of Tomato Soup
Adapted from "Everyday with Rachael Ray", August 2009. The original recipe calls for yellow tomatoes, which are not available here. That recipe is called Golden Tomato Soup. Soup can be served hot or cold.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Seed the tomatoes into a strainer so that you can extract as much of the liquid as possible from the tomatoes; discard seeds.
- 2Chop the flesh of the tomatoes and add to the extracted tomato liquid.
- 3Heat a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 4Add the butter and onions, cooking, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 5Add tomatoes and brown sugar, cooking until tomatoes are softened, about 10 minutes.
- 6Add chicken broth and water, stir in bread crumbs, season with salt, and simmer 5 minutes.
- 7Working in batches, puree soup in food processor.
- 8Refrigerate if serving cold.
- 9Just before serving, whip the cream until soft peaks form; fold in pepper and dollop whipped cream on top of the soup.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (616 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.5
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 76.4 mg
- Sodium 524.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 7.4 g