Recipe by *Alia*
Very nice soup. I find that the longer you simmer this soup, the more mellow and blended the flavors become.
- 4 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Add olive oil to a soup pot and add onion and garlic. Saute till transparent.
- Add tomatoes and water and bring to a simmer.
- Add basil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer at least 20 minutes.
- To serve, ladle into bowls and garnish with a cream swirl and a sprig of parsley.