Recipe by down south cook
I can't remeber where I got this recipe but I made it the other day and thought it was a great addition.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Very good and easy to put together. I made this according to the recipe. We enjoyed it, but think it could use a little more flavor. Next time I'll add some white wine, fresh basil and oregano and maybe thyme as well. The mozzarella cheese was a nice add-in, but maybe a less stringy cheese would melt in better. I garnished with shaved parmesan. I'd certainly make this again using the extras I mentioned. Thanx for posting!
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 small yellow onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 24 ounces canned whole tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a sucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until they are soft, about 15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, chicken broth, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil.Reduce heat to low and cook until onions, garlic, and tomatoes are soft; about 20 minutes.
- Working in batches, transfer soup to a blender and puree until smooth. Return to the saucepan and place over medium heat.
- Add mozarella cheese to the soup. Stir in slowly.