Recipe by Milk & Cookies
A very simple home made tomato soup, especially if you use a hand blending stick. I made my husband try it, he said "Don't be offended if I don't like it.. I think I'll eat the whole bowl" Even my son liked it especially when sprinkled with fresh parmesean cheese. Makes 4 large servings, would be wonderful served with grilled cheese sandwiches.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium onions (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 28 ounces canned tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in skillet, add onions, garlic, salt and saute until onions are caramelized.
- Add pepper, tomatoes and chicken stock, bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes or longer.
- Transfer a little at a time to a blender to puree or use a hand held blender stick to puree.
- Top with a sprinkle of cheese and enjoy.