- 3 medium tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 3 leaves basil, torn
- salt, to taste
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 pinch cumin powder
- black pepper, freshly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the tomatoes and garlic in a blender and make a fine puree.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan, throw in the cumin powder and the puree. Bring to a boil. Add the seasonings.
- Dissolve the cornflour in 1/2 cup water. Add to the pan and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Take it off the heat. Serve into a bowl and garnish with freshly torn basil leaves.
- Keep a crusty bread on the side for dipping inches.