Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicious, easy to make, Tomato Soup.
- 8 slices French bread
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 cup milk
- 28 ounces whole canned tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil
- Preheat oven 350ْ. Combine 1/3 cup olive oil and one crushed garlic clove. Brush slices of bread with mixture.
- Cut bread into cubes. Bake for 5-10 minutes.
- Saute minced onion, two crushed garlic cloves and ½ teaspoons Salt.
- Cook and stir on medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Puree can of whole peeled tomatoes and the cooked onions and garlic in a blender until smooth.
- Pour pureed mix into sauce pan. Heat slowly, stir occasionally. When warm add milk slowly.
- Add ½ basil on top.