Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I am posting this for the Zaar World Tour II. I have not tried this recipe. It is compliments of a forum http://www.jref.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-10543.html
- 4 (1/4 lb) tomatoes, medium-large weighing about 1/4 pound each
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cognac (to taste) or 2 tablespoons brandy (to taste)
- Blanch the tomatoes in a large pan of boiling water for about 15 seconds, remove and place in the cold water.
- As soon as the tomatoes are cool enough to handle, peel.
- Put the 3 cups water, sugar and salt into a large saucepan and bring to boil.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer gently until they are tender.
- Remove from the heat, add the cognac and leave to cool.
- Refrigerate until serving in a glass bowl with a little syrup around each tomato.