Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I clipped this recipe from a newspaper and made it last night, it was really delicious.
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 lb shrimp, peed,deveined,rinsed,patted dry
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons basil
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine for 8 minutes or until tender but still firm.
- Drain well; keep warm.
- Saute garlic in olive oil in large skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Pour in white cooking whine, lemon juice and sugar.
- Simmer 6 minutes.
- Add scallions, shrimp and red pepper flakes.
- Cook until shrimp turn pink and are cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in basil and Parmesan cheese.
- Toss with cooked fettuccine; serve immediately.
I made a few adjustments to the recipe the second time around - more tomato, more shrimp and less basil. Its delicious!!!
Amazing!! Even my DH liked it and he is not a fan of fettuccine. I thought it was wonderful made exactly like recipe. I happen to have a little garden with Roma tomatoes and fresh basil so this recipe was perfect. Will make again, soon!!
Excellent! A few changes to suit our tastes. I used all fresh ingred. with the exception of the fettuccini(I used spinach fettuccini). I added 1/2 teaspoon salt, black pepper, and a good chardonnay for the wine.