Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This savory recipe is super quick to prepare and is as elegant as it is easy! Tastes great too!
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups plum tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 1⁄2 cup vermouth or 1⁄2 cup cooking wine
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice concentrate
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined, rinsed, patted dry
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons basil
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine for 8 minutes or until tender but still firm. Drain well; keep warm.
- Saute garlic in olive oil in large skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes. Cook 5 minutes.
- Pour in vermouth or cooking wine, lemon juice and sugar. Simmer 6 minutes.
- Add scallions, shrimp and red pepper flakes. Cook until shrimp turn pink and are cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in basil and parmesan cheese.
- Toss with cooked fettuccine; serve immediately in shallow bowls.
Made this dish the other night and it was delicious!! I left out the scallions and added extra garlic, my family loved it!!
This was really good, nice and fresh and light. Also one of the easiest meals I've prepared. I used fresh lemon juice and a handful of fresh basil leaves. This will be my new go-to quick seafood pasta dish.
This was good, a nice change from regular scampi. I cut the olive oil in half but otherwise made it as written.