This savory recipe is super quick to prepare and is as elegant as it is easy! Tastes great too!
Make and share this Tomato Shrimp Scampi on Fettuccine recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups plum tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 1⁄2 cup vermouth or 1⁄2 cup cooking wine
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice concentrate
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined, rinsed, patted dry
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons basil
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine for 8 minutes or until tender but still firm. Drain well; keep warm.
- Saute garlic in olive oil in large skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes. Cook 5 minutes.
- Pour in vermouth or cooking wine, lemon juice and sugar. Simmer 6 minutes.
- Add scallions, shrimp and red pepper flakes. Cook until shrimp turn pink and are cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in basil and parmesan cheese.
- Toss with cooked fettuccine; serve immediately in shallow bowls.
Made this dish the other night and it was delicious!! I left out the scallions and added extra garlic, my family loved it!!
This was really good, nice and fresh and light. Also one of the easiest meals I've prepared. I used fresh lemon juice and a handful of fresh basil leaves. This will be my new go-to quick seafood pasta dish.
This was good, a nice change from regular scampi. I cut the olive oil in half but otherwise made it as written.