Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Taste of Home Magazine Easy-to-prepare shrimp gets a spicy twist with the addition of crushed red pepper flakes. Adjust the pepper flakes if you like your foods mild.—Julie Berger, Chandler, Arizona
- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1⁄2 cup additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 lb uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh basil
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add the shrimp, tomatoes, salt and pepper flakes. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in basil. Drain pasta; toss with shrimp mixture.