Great for potlucks. Easily doubled. Canned shrimp, well drained, can be used. Cook time is refrigeration time.
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package lemon gelatin (Jell-o regular or sugar free)
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vinegar (white or cider)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup baby shrimp, fresh (cooked)
- lettuce, for serving
- mayonnaise, for garnish
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add tomato sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until partially set partially set.
- When partially set, fold in celery, green onions and shrimp.
- Spray a decorative bowl lightly with nonstick spray. Fill with gelatin mixture, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set.
- To serve, unmold on bed of lettuce and garnish with mayonnaise.
- Instead of using a mold, pour into lightly sprayed 8-inch square pan, cover and refrigerate until set, and cut into squares to serve.