Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
A different kind of scrapple.
- 2 1⁄2 cups stewed tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, cleaned, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- Mix tomatoes, onion, carrot, corn meal, sugar, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook slowly until thick--about 1 hour.
- Once this is completed, add peanuts and beat well.
- Pack into a well oiled pan.
- Refrigerate until cold.
- Slice and fry up in bacon drippings.