Recipe by RepoGuysWife
Comfort food. I layer the cheese in with the tomatoes, not just all on top. Enjoy!
Top Review by bshemyshua
This is such a good, satisfying dish. I made this to go with hamburgers and it completed the meal. The leftovers reheat well too, with an extra sprinkling of parmesan to make a nice crust. A tasty version of scalloped potatoes.
- 14 1⁄2 ounces canned diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 lb red potatoes (thinly sliced)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Drain tomatoes, reserving liquid.
- Pour tomato liquid into measuring cup adding water to measure 1 cup. Combine reserved liquid, potatoes and onion in large skillet, cover and cook 10 minutes or until tender.
- Place potato mixture in 1-quart baking dish; top with tomatoes and cream. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired.