Comfort food. I layer the cheese in with the tomatoes, not just all on top. Enjoy!
Make and share this Tomato Scalloped Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Drain tomatoes, reserving liquid.
- Pour tomato liquid into measuring cup adding water to measure 1 cup. Combine reserved liquid, potatoes and onion in large skillet, cover and cook 10 minutes or until tender.
- Place potato mixture in 1-quart baking dish; top with tomatoes and cream. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired.
This is such a good, satisfying dish. I made this to go with hamburgers and it completed the meal. The leftovers reheat well too, with an extra sprinkling of parmesan to make a nice crust. A tasty version of scalloped potatoes.
This was just flat out yummy. I was a little concerned about all the liquid from the tomatoes, but came out fine. I didn't transfer to another baking dish, and just shoved my copper frying pan right into the oven. Will have this again, I'm sure. Thnx for posting, RepoGuysWife. Made for Fall 2008 My-3-Chefs.