Recipe by It's all good
A very easy Italian dish to make. This can also be frozen.
Top Review by woodland hues
A clone of recipe #62730, with a couple of variations in quantity, for example, 1 lb sausage to 1/2 lb sausage. An excellent recipe nonetheless, and deserves to be adjusted according to taste and desires.
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 deep dish pie shell (unbaked)
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced, peeled & seeded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 cup parsley flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Smear mustard over the pie shell, bake 5 minutes, remove from oven.
- Cook sausage, crumble, and drain.
- Sprinkle sausage over pie shell.
- Add tomato slices & sprinkle with salt, pepper, basil, and parsley.
- Combine shredded cheese and mayonaisse in a separate bowl.
- Frost and seal the pie.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes.