Recipe by MarieRynr
If you are counting calories, give these a miss, but if you want a rare treat, totally delicious and scrummy good, try these out. You won't be dissappointed and every mouthful will be worth it. A quick, easy and delicious lunch dish or a light supper.
Top Review by Stinkerbell
I made these the other day and am just now getting around to reviewing them. They were ok, but a bit rich for my taste. I will make them again, but use a different type of bun next time, possibly ciabatta. thanks
- 4 thick plump sausages, of your choice (I like garlic herb ones)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 baby plum tomatoes or 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 pinch dried chili pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 4 fresh all-butter plain croissants
- 100 g emmenthaler cheese, coarsely grated
- fresh flat leaf parsley, torn, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200*C (425*F).
- Split the sausages and squeeze out the meat.
- Discard the skins.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and crumble in the sausage meat.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until browned and slightly crisp in places.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and add to pan.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally until the tomatoes are wilted.
- Add the chilli flakes and stir over the heat for 1 minute.
- Add the creme fraiche and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until thickened.
- Make a split down the center of each croissant.
- Stir 2/3 of the emmental cheese into the sausage mixture, then divide between the croissants.
- Put on a baking tray and sprinkle the remaining emmental cheese over the top.
- Bake for 5 minutes until they are hot and the cheese has melted.
- Garnish with the torn parsley.
- Serve hot or warm.