Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a fulfilling pasta dish that is great to "whip-up" after work or a busy day. Use any flavour sausages you like, I sometimes use two different flavours for variety. Serve with hot herb bread. A Woman's Day recipe.
- 8 thin Italian sausages
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 (16 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can butter beans (Lima)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 packet rigatoni pasta, cooked al dente (tubular)
- extra rosemary, to garnish
- Fry or grill sausages until brown& cooked through.
- Slice thinly.
- Heat oil in a frying-pan add onion and garlic, saute until onions are soft.
- Add beans and rosemary, stir until fragrant& heated through.
- Add undrained tomatoes, sugar and cream; simmer uncovered for for about 10 minutes, or until sauce has slightly thickened.
- Add sausages; simmer a further 5 minutes, or until hot.
- Add the hot cooked pasta to the sauce and toss to combine.
- Serve garnished with rosemary& enjoy with hot garlic or herb bread.
I liked the butter beans the best.
This made for a great mid-week meal. I prepared it all in the morning and then just reheated it when I got home at night. Both my 3 and 6 year olds loved it with the 3 year old eating a huge bowl full. Excellent family eating.
A rich, hearty dish. This is great comfort food. I used vegetarian sausage. I loved the garlic, rosemary and italian season flavors together.