Recipe by Kate DeMello
A comforting, meaty sauce that is FULL of flavor. My husband says he could just eat a bowl of the sauce, forget the pasta!
- 1 lb ground sausage, I use jimmy dean bold
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup red wine, something good enough to drink a glass of
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or less if you don't like too much spice)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 2 (32 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- fresh cracked pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- brown the sausage in a large pot on medium heat. use a potato masher to break it up.
- add the diced onions and garlic and saute until the onions are translucent.
- reduce heat to low and melt the tomato paste in and stir in the spices until fragrant.
- add the wine and bring to a simmer.
- when the wine has reduced to about 1/2 add the tomato sauce and cook on low for 30 min-all day if you want!
- works great with pasta, lasagna, pizza, anything!