Kate DeMello's Note:
A comforting, meaty sauce that is FULL of flavor. My husband says he could just eat a bowl of the sauce, forget the pasta!
My Private Note
1/2 cup ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground sausage, I use jimmy dean bold
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup red wine, something good enough to drink a glass of
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or less if you don't like too much spice)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 2 (32 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1brown the sausage in a large pot on medium heat. use a potato masher to break it up.
- 2add the diced onions and garlic and saute until the onions are translucent.
- 3reduce heat to low and melt the tomato paste in and stir in the spices until fragrant.
- 4add the wine and bring to a simmer.
- 5when the wine has reduced to about 1/2 add the tomato sauce and cook on low for 30 min-all day if you want!
- 6works great with pasta, lasagna, pizza, anything!
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Sauce With a Kick!
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.8
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 23.3 mg
- Sodium 900.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 6.8 g