Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was given to me by Lisa Mandragona, a great Italian cook friend that I met in college
- 3 lbs tomato sauce
- 12 ounces tomato paste
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 3 lbs tomato puree
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 green pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pot.
- When hot, add chopped onions, peppers garlic and parsley.
- When the onion is transparent, add all of the sauces, salt and pepper to taste, italian seasonings.
- Add one large can of water.
- Cover and simmer for one hour on medium-low heat.
Not the best sauce I've had, but was very good. I added sweet italian sausage. I had way too many cans of tomato puree, so this was excellent for using them up.