1/1 Photo of Tomato Sauce in Crock Pot
2 hrs 10 mins
This recipe was created as part of the ZWT 8 Crock Pot challenge where you had to convert a recipe into a recipe cooked in a crock pot. The original recipe was posted by Magpie Diner - Provencal Tomato Sauce (Uses Fresh Tomatoes). The orignal recipe called for 1/3 cup of olive oil which I reduced to 1 tbsp as well as fresh thyme and marjoram, which I switched to chives and parsley. I used roma tomatoes and blended the sauce for a consistent texture
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat olive oil in pan and saute onions until translucent, about 7 minutes.
- 2Add garlic and saute for another 2 minutes.
- 3Add the onion/garlic mixture into crock pot along with bay leaves, tomatoes, salt and peper to taste.
- 4Cook in crock pot on high for 90 min and reduce to low for 30 minute.
- 5Remove bay leaves.
- 6Blend tomatoes with hand blender - this step is optional, if you like a chunky sauce
- 7Add fresh herbs of your liking and stir in tomato paste.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Sauce in Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.5
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 74.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 2.4 g