Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This sauce was made up as I went the first time. My wife told me I had to make it at least once a week, so I had to go back and figure out what I did. It works well as is, but also makes a good base to add other things - mushrooms, peppers, etc. A good one to play around with. Hope you enjoy.
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine (more if needed)
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- cooked pasta (penne, etc.)
- Saute bullion cube, onion, basil, oragano, rosemary, and garlic in 1/2 cup marsala until onion is soft and flavors blend.
- Add more wine if needed.
- Pour in can of tomato sauce and stir to blend.
- Simmer until sauce starts to thicken; add splash of marsala.
- Simmer until heated; add cream.
- Add salt and pepper; stir and simmer until desired thickness.
- Serve over pasta.