Recipe by katia
A very tasty recipe for pasta sauce. Its a recipe from one of my mum's friends.Real simple but tasty.
Top Review by Dreamer in Ontario
An interesting and different sauce. I used canned tomatoes because fresh aren't that good at this time of year. The garlic cloves were left whole and the celery was cut into thirds making them easy to remove. The sauce were served as written to DD and groung beef added for DH.
- 1 kg tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 stalks celery
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄3 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the tomatoes and mash in the blender.
- Put the tomato puree in a pot and add all the others ingrdients.
- Simmer in low heat for 30-40 ninutes. Until you see littles bubbles in the sauces. Then the water from the tomatoes is absorded.
- Remove the garlic and the celery and the sauce is ready.
- You can add olive oil if you wish at the end.
- This sauce and be kept in jars in the fridge for 2-3 months. But you must cover the surface of the jar with olive oil and then put it in the fridge.