1/2 Photos of Tomato Sauce for Chicago Style Pizza
From the awesome book "Pizza" by Diane Morgan. This recipe is so yummy on deep-dish pizza (and probably on regular pizza too!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the tomatoes, including the juice from the cans, into a large stockpot.
- 2Crush the tomatoes using the back of a large spoon, or just squish them with your hand.
- 3Stir in the oregano and salt. Simmer the tomatoes, uncovered, over medium-low heat until the sauce is thick and all the liquid has evaporated, about 50 minutes.
- 4Remove from the heat and let cool. Stir in the garlic and basil.
- 5Add the red pepper flakes, if desired.
- 6Use immediately, or refrigerate in a tightly covered container for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 2 months.
- 7Bring to room temperature before using.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Sauce for Chicago Style Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 36.4
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 474.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 1.7 g