- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomatoes, crushed
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomato puree
- 1 (18 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon dry basil
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 -2 large carrot, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in sauce pan, then add onion and carrot and garlic.
- Saute on high until transparent.
- Add tomatoes and seasonings (basil and seasoned salt) and add 1 can of water (or dry red wine) from the 18 ounce can that had the paste in it.
- Place in slow cooker and cook on low all day.