1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Charlotte J's Note:
You will need to peel the tomatoes first. I like the boiling water and ice water method.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove cores, cut in half and remove seeds from when tomatoes are cool.
- 2Put in the blender and puree, this will make about 4 cups.
- 3In a large pot, heat oil and the onions, saute until golden and soft about 10 minutes.
- 4Add garlic and saute for about 5 minutes more on low.
- 5Add the tomato puree and stir.
- 6Bring to a simmer and reduce the heat to medium-low so it is bubbling but not boiling.
- 7Cook for an hour and stir occasionally.
- 8Cool completely, then measure 1 cup portions into freezer containers and chill completely.
- 10To use, thaw in refrigerator overnight.
- 11Use as a base, making into pasta sauce, soup or whatever you need it for.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Sauce Concentrate
Serving Size: 1 (1551 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.3
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 37.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 21.1 g
- Protein 7.0 g