Recipe by Fishbone35
Just a very simple tomato sauce recipe.
Top Review by Linda
Fishbone, thank you for this basic recipe for tomato sauce. It is just what I was looking for; something that was just plain tomato sauce, no seasonings. After cooling it and putting it in the blender, I froze it in 8-oz servings to use in Italian dishes. Thanks for posting it.
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove peels and seeds.
- Quarter tomatoes and place in a large kettle.
- Using your hands or the back of a large spoon, press down on the tomatoes to render some juice.
- Bake at 325 degrees until soft pulp remains.
- Spoon into blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Seal in sterilized jars or freeze.
- NOTE: If freezing, try using ice cube trays.
- 2 cubes equal approximately 1/4 cup.